Our recently introduced line-up of MFS75-115A has expanded to 140 horsepower. With a dynamic design and sophisticated details, the MFS140A provides outstanding torque, increased durability, optimized weight and smooth operation.
Unique and industry-first 4-2-1 Performance Tuned Exhaust manifold has been designed to maximize low end torque and acceleration performance. Best in class torque to displacement ratio creates excellent performance for all styles of boats from light to heavy weight, pleasure or commercial use. On certain boat applications, the MFS140A will perform similarly when compared to heavier 150 horsepower outboards that weigh as much as 100 pounds more.
Engineered with Simpliq™ Technology, the MFS140A has a SOHC-4V design. The spark plugs are strategically placed in the center of each combustion chamber for the most efficient combustion with optimal heat conduction, which results in strong running and fuel efficiency.
Standard features include:
•Variable Idle System to adjust the idle RPMs from 650 to 850, in 50 RPM increments, for better trolling control
•Low gear ratio (2.08:1) provides low end torque and better top end performance
•Fresh-water Flushing System designed to make routine flushing easier
•High Output 41 amp Alternator
The MFS140A provides top performance you can only experience with Tohatsu.
Tohatsu 140 hp 4-Stroke Benefits
- Dynamic design with sophisticated details Click Here
- Exhilarating boating performance
- Superior durability & optimized weight
- Outstanding fuel economy from unique SOHC-4V design
- Performance-inspired engine sound and the most quiet at idle
- Fine-tuned ECU Programming
- Available in long (20”) & ultra long (25”) shaft lengths
High Performance and Easy Operation
- 4-2-1 Performance Tuned Exhaust generates high torque to get you on plane quicker
- Fine-tuned ECU provides the strong acceleration when needed
- Electronic Fuel Injection
- MicroComputer Programmed ignition system for quicker starts
- High output 41 amp alternator
- New and improved gear case with wider splash plate and anti-ventilation plate
- Adjustable steering friction and trim tab for reducing steering effort
- Power Trim and Tilt
Fundamentals for User Convenience and Reliability
- Sheet Molding Compound (SMC) cowlings for durability
- Anodized major aluminum components for greater corrosion resistance
- Oil catch tray underneath the oil filter for cleaner oil filter changes
- Easily accessible and removable fuel filter allows simple and quick water draining
- More than 16 sacrificial anodes strategically placed throughout all major components
- Through the prop exhaust for a quieter operation
- Built-in freshwater flushing system for easy routine flushing
- Variable idling speed control from 650 to 850 RPMs at 5-steps
- A camshaft-driven trochoid oil pump ensures long-term durability of critical engine components
- Stainless steel water pump housing liner for outstanding durability
Warning & Protection
- Low oil pressure warning (visual and audible)
- Overheat warning (audible)
- Start-in-gear protection for safer engine starting
- Safety lanyard (an essential protection feature standard on all Tohatsu outboards)
- Over-rev. limiter
4-2-1 Performance Tuned Exhaust
Isometric aggregated exhaust manifold "4-2-1 Performance Tuned Exhaust" maximizes torque and acceleration performance. This unique design is an industry-first and can only be found on Tohatsu Outboards. By engineering each exhaust passage to be equal in length, the merging of exhaust of each cylinder creates extra suction that helps pull the exhaust from the engine. This completely eliminates the possibility of exhaust interference and drastically improves the performance.
Movie available here
Industry first 4-2-1 Performance Tuned Exhaust system provides outstanding torque performance, top end speed, acceleration, and exceptional fuel economy. On certain boat applications, the MFS140A will perform similarly when compared to heavier 150ps outboards that weigh as much as 45 kg pounds more.
Click here for larger image
Tohatsu's revolutionary MFS115A design has expanded to the new MFS140A. With outstanding torque, increased durability, optimized weight and smooth operation, our newest model lineup provides top performance you can only experience with Tohatsu.
Click here for larger image
Excellent Fuel Efficiency
MFS75/90/100/115 have a unique SOHC-4V design in its class where competitors are either SOHC-2V or DOHC-4V. Spark plugs are strategically placed in the center of the each combustion chamber for the most efficient combustion with optimal heat conduction which results in strong running and fuel efficiency.
With the even-length Intake Manifold, 4-2-1 Performance Tuned Exhaust, and fine-tuned ECU, MFS75/90/100/115 provide exhilarating and performance-inspired engine sound. Also within the large capacity Idle Port, sounds reflect off each other to dampen the exhaust flow which contributes to the lowest sound at idle.
With its fined-tuned ECU programming, MFS75/90/100/115 are designed to improve acceleration when needed in order to get the boat to plane quicker. When you throttle to wide open, the ECU recognizes it and ignites in all four cylinders at the same time. Simultaneously, the ECU optimizes and supplies adequate air & fuel which makes air/fuel mixture more suitable for rapid acceleration to generate higher torque. The higher the torque you have, the stronger the acceleration you will get, resulting in enhanced hole shots and thus, quicker planning. (Click Here) Also, Upper and Lower Mounts, and the Gear Case are optimized for direct steering response & maneuverability, and greater stability.
Multi-Function Tiller Handle with Grip-End PTT Switch
Multi-Function Tiller Handle is a great choice for commercial use. It has an ergonomically designed large Shift Lever located at the front and a longer Throttle Grip with a PTT (Power Trim & Tilt) switch located at the grip-end for easier operation and maneuverability. To balance different wind and current conditions, the Variable Idling System allows the user to select the best idling speed from 5 different RPM ranges by simply pressing the Key Switch.
TOCS 4.3 inch LCD Display (optional)
The TOCS (Tohatsu Onboard Communication System) 4.3 inch LCD Display connects to the CAN bus and communicates directly with the engine's ECU. Engine data, fault codes, and alarms are displayed on the LCD display.
|Output||140 ps (103.0 kw)|
|Displacement||1995 cc (121.6 cu.in.)|
|Bore x Stroke||84 x 90 mm (3.31 x 3.54 in)|
|Control Type||Remote Control or Tiller Handle|
|Gear Shift||Forward - Neutral - Reverse|
|Ignition System||MicroComputer Programmed|
|Transom Height||20", 25"|
|Fuel||Unleaded Gasoline (87 Octane) or higher|
|Oil Type||NMMA Certified FC-W® 4-stroke oil**|
|Oil Capacity||4.2 L (1.11 gal.) w/filter|
|Weight*||178 kg (392 lbs.)|
|Alternator Output||12V, 492W, 41A|
|Max. RPM Range||5,150 - 5,850|
|Electronic Fuel Injection||Standard|
|Start In Gear Protection||Standard|
|Thermostat Controlled Cooling System||Standard|
|Power Trim and Tilt||Standard|
|Oil Pressure Warning||Standard|
|Variable Idle Speed||Standard|
|Model||Shaft Length||Cylinders||Electric Start||Tiller Handle||Remote Control||12V Charging
|MFS140AETUL||25||4||S||See Note||See Note||S||S|